July 31 – August 1, 2018
As a principal member of the Streaming Video Alliance, SSIMWAVE is proud to take part in this important industry event. The Mile High Video Workshop is organized by Ali C. Begen, Alex Giladi, Dan Grois and Yasser Syed and is hosted by Comcast in Denver, Colorado. It is a gathering of the industry’s top experts related to all things video – codecs, ABR encoding, HDR, and so much more.
Our Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer, Professor Zhou Wang, will be attending the workshop and taking part in multiple discussions throughout the two days.
Tuesday morning, Dr. Wang will be talking about AV1 vs. HEVC: Perceptual Evaluation of Video Encoders. Later that same day he will talk about Video Quality-of-Experience Assessment.
Notable presenters from the industry include:
- Dan Grois, Principal Researcher, Comcast: Video Encoding and HEVC
- Alex Giladi, Distinguished Architect, Comcast: Massively Parallel Encoding
- David Agranoff, Principal Engineer, Charter Communications wESNI, ESAM and SCTE 35 in Adaptive Streaming
- Walt Husak, Director of Imaging Technologies, Dolby: Dolby Vision: Production, Distribution and Display
- Glenn Reitmeier, SVP of Technology Strategy and Policy, NBC Universal: ATSC 3.0 Content Protection
- Annie Chang, VP of Creative Technologies, NBC Universal: What is Happening with IMF? The File Format, not the Int. Monetary Fund
Check out the full agenda here.
Mile High Video is set to be a jam-packed couple of days of quality discussions on a multitude of topics relating to video. If you’re in town for the workshop, let us know!