We know your challenges.
Inconsistent Quality Assurance processes don’t always align with companies’ quality standards.
Here’s how we can help:
Manually managing your QA processes can be subjective, open to errors, and do not scale as desired. You need a scalable and more efficient way to automate your film distribution methods at the highest quality for viewers.
SSIMPLUS VOD Monitor can enable your company to benefit from an automated and scalable distribution process, while efficiently providing a high quality viewer experience.
Automate your QA process with the only quality metric that is correlated to human vision. VOD Monitor allows you to accurately analyze and measure quality and the end viewer experience with automated comparisons.
- Operational intelligence allows you to review analytics and content performance.
- Increase efficiency of your video operations and reduce overhead costs.
- System wide QA automation.
- Viewer Experience measurement using SSIMPLUS that supports all content types and attributes.
- Pass/Fail video, audio, and closed caption alerts with custom templates.
- Unique metrics help to fix issues such as banding and macroblocking detection using pixels, and content features.
- Scalable, cluster-based solution with flexible deployment options.
- Predictable and sustained high-performance architecture regardless of load.
VOD Monitor is fully virtualized.
VOD Monitor can be deployed using a Kubernetes platform within Google Cloud Engine, AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure, or On-Premises Data Centers. The platform supports the following media container formats and video codecs:
Media Container Formats:
MXF, MOV, MP4, MPEG-TS, AVI, M4V, MPG, V210, WebM, YUV, and many others.
ProRes, JPEG 2000, DNxHD, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AV1, MPEG-2, and many others.
HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision
Built for scale, with VOD Monitor you will enjoy end-to-end monitoring of Viewer Scores, QoS measurement, and SLA compliance across your workflow.
|Success Criteria||VMAF||SSIM||PSNR||SSIMPLUS Viewer Score|
|1||Consistent across content type||Partially||Partially||Partially||Yes|
|2||Consistent across impairments||No||No||No||Yes|
|3||Support for viewer modes||No||No||No||Yes|
|4||Consistent across content attributes||Partially||Partially||Partially||Yes – HDR, WCG|
|5||Consistent across Live and VOD||Only VOD||Only VOD||Yes||Yes|
|6||Source quality (incl. no-reference)||No||No||No||Yes|
|7||Playback viewer experience||No||No||No||Yes|
Why the media & entertainment industry uses VOD Monitor.
VOD Monitor offers real-time monitoring of the network while independently tracking and evaluating all encoders and transcoders to ensure consistent end user video quality at the playback device level.
VOD Monitor enables you to deliver consistently better video experiences without increasing your operational costs or introducing unwanted technical complexity.
Using VOD Monitor you can:
- Measure viewer experience with the only objective quality metric that is aligned with human vision.
- Compare viewer experiences over a variety of delivery methods or workflow segments.
- Objectively benchmark technologies and workflows.
VOD Monitor connects to your video workflow and operationalizes viewer experience data to remove the guesswork and inconsistency from manual QC and source validation steps.
Using VOD Monitor you can:
- Improve ARPU and reduce churn by understanding empirically how video quality and UX is impacting subscriber behavior.
- Validate source quality to ensure that you and your distributors and partners are meeting SLAs so that they can deliver the best viewer experience.
- Make viewer informed decisions about the setup and configuration of your video encoders.
Save tens of millions
by reducing your churn by up to 5% due to video quality saving you millions of dollars.
your operations process saving you millions on the cost of subjective
through video experience automation.
Automate your QA and stop worrying about quality drop-offs, and high operational cost so that you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from the only end-to-end solution that works across broadcast, OTT streaming, and cable workflows.
SSIMWAVE's measurement standard represents a generational breakthrough in the video industry.The Television Academy, 67th Primetime Emmy Awardfor significantly impacting television technology and engineering.
SSIMWAVE's SSIMPLUS™ platform is by far the best device-adaptive perceptual video quality predictor we have seen in the market.Miguel Cabello, Video Technology ArchitectTelefonica
SSIMPLUS VOD Monitor is a software based solution that deploys on commercial off-the-shelf hardware. Run a single instance on a single server or scale to multiple instances on a cluster.
- Min. requirements 8vCPU, 2.2 Ghz, 16 GB RAM for SD/HD analysis
- Bare-metal (CentOS)
- Virtual machines (VirtualBox and VMWare)
- Cloud enabled for Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform
Any filesystem that can be mounted on CentOS is supported.
|Media Container Formats||AV1, AVI, AVR, AVS, DV, FLV, GXF, H261, H263, H264, HEVC, IFF, IVR, LVF, LXF, M4V, MJ2, Mjpeg, Mjpeg_2000, MOV, MP4, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, MVE, MXF, VP9, V210, WebM, YUV, 3G2, 3GP.|
|Video Codecs||Apple ProRes, AV1, Google VP9, H.261, H.263 / H.263-1996, H.263+ / H.263-1998 / H.263 version2, H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4AVC / MPEG-4 part 10, HEVC, JPEG 200, JPEG-LS, MPEG-1 video, MPEG-2 video, MPEG-4 part 2, On2 VP6, On2 VP3, On2 VP5, On2 VP6, On2 VP6, On2 VP7, On2 VP8, QuickTime Animation video, Theora, Windows Media Video 7, Windows Media Video 8, Windows Media Video 9.|
HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision.