Deliver Just Right Viewer Experience at the Lowest Possible Cost
Deliver Just Right Viewer Experience at the minimum cost
Win the streaming wars with confidence
SSIMPLUS® Video Quality Dial gives video providers the ultimate power to dial the Viewer Experience up or down to the target level and deliver it consistently while saving money. Happy with your current quality? We will ensure you continue to achieve it consistently as you scale, at the minimum possible cost. Want to dial the quality up to catch up with competitors and ensure subscribers don’t call to complain? VQ Dial will help you achieve this new Viewer Experience level and save money.
This is what delivering “Just Right” means: Dial in your target Quality, Dial down Costs.
SSIMPLUS Video Quality Dial Benefits
The Video Quality Dial is the first viewer-centric solution that gives video providers the ultimate control needed to truly optimize workflows and deliver the target Viewer Experience at the absolute minimum cost.
- Providers consistently deliver the viewer experiences they target—improving subscriber satisfaction.
- Services enjoy up to 60% bitrate savings on top of what content-aware encoding deliver = millions of $$$ saved per year.
- Significantly improved Viewer Experience for subscribers on congested networks – lower buffering, stalling, delayed start.
Straightforward to Deploy
- Video Quality Dial is installed as a smart layer around your existing encoder, without any disruption to your infrastructure or tech stack.
- Plus, it’s encoder-agnostic and works with any codec!
- Faster time to market for advanced workflows such as streaming HDR/Dolby Vision content
Easy to Use
- Simply set a target Viewer Experience score and Video Quality Dial automatically does the rest.
- VQ Dial reduces the top profile size (while delivering the target viewer experience); thus it will get used more often and subscribers will enjoy a better experience.
Respected and Recognized
Powered by the SSIMPLUS algorithm: 2020 Emmy® Award winner for development of perceptual metric for video encoding optimization
Some of the top SVODs already partner with us, using SSIMPLUS to create the best encodes for their VOD Libraries
The only solution with the most accurate and complete Viewer Experience metric >90% Correlation with subjective scores
Using the Video Quality Dial is as easy as 1-2-3
Choose the SSIMPLUS Viewer Experience target:
- Choose one target for the whole library or different targets (or per asset).
- The Dial will consistently meet the target set for each and every VOD asset in your library at segment, scene, and asset levels.
Have the Dial do all the work for you:
- It automatically drives your existing compression engine to consistently meet this quality target using minimum resources.
- It calls your encoder the way you do. No need for any extra settings or resources.
Enjoy the results:
- Consistent video quality across the VOD library and millions of $$$ in delivery cost savings per year—typically up to 60% above the current content-aware encoding.
- No more quality dips, lower rebuffering, stalling, etc.
*Video Quality Dial will respect your current delivery and playback constraints as per your current encoding implementation to make sure that content decoding, and playback is not impacted.
Deliver Consistent Target Viewer Experiences
No more quality dips! Achieve the target Viewer Score consistently with up to 60% savings on top of content-aware approaches. In the below example – achieve the target Viewer Score of 85 (excellent quality) at 34% savings vs. a state-of-the-art content-aware encoder. See the difference HERE
The green line is the SSIMPLUS VQ Dial optimized asset, driving the same encoder in a smarter way, the orange is encoded with a state-of-the-art content-aware encoding approach. With the current encoder you are spending more bits than needed as quality fluctuates below and above the target.
Savings like never before
While improving the Viewer Experience
|Number of subscribers||5,000,000|
|Hours watched per month/subscriber||20|
|Average bitrate of top profile||5.8 Mbps|
|Number of video hours in library||20,000|
|Cost per GB delivered CDN egress||$ 0.005|
Calculations are based on SDR, H. 264 codec, 1080p resolution, 29.97fps. Contact Us if you want to receive calculations for the other parameters.
|CDN egress costs||$ 34,800,000|
|Savings at SSIMPLUS = 85 (Excellent quality)||40%|
|Savings per year at SSIMPLUS = 85||$13,822,080*|
*Includes also the savings in storage costs. The above are ballpark figures, to receive more exact calculations, please contact us today.
VQ Dial drives video encoding to deliver the target Viewer Experience at the lowest possible cost. A video service doesn’t have to change their existing workflow as VQ Dial would work and behave the same way as the current encoder does. The only difference is that you would use VQ Dial instead of your encoder and VQ Dial would use your encoder on your behalf.
VQ Dial is a flexible and scalable software solution that already supports the best performing encoders. You can use your existing workflow to take advantage of VQ Dial with no changes needed to your tech stack.
VQ Dial supports most commonly used and best performing encoders. We would be happy to add support for an encoder that we do not currently support upon request.
If you have additional questions like:
- How does the performance compare with content-aware encoding approaches?
- What do you recommend as a target score for my library?
- How long does it take to encode an hour long asset?
- Does the solution create a full ABR stack? How is the ABR stack determined?
- or any others, please contact us at email@example.com
- or fill in this form https://www.ssimwave.com/talk-to-a-rep-form/